People are busy. And trying to explain to people how to leave reviews on your business pages is difficult. Especially if they are not very tech savvy. Often times people think about leaving a review, but life gets in the way.
Accidental bad reviews!
Even worse is when someone leaves you a stellar review, but then accidentally misclicks a 0 star!
Solution: Make giving you a 5 Star Google Review Dead Simple.
With a little bit of work, you can create a link that prefills in a review form for them. With one click they have a google review form, with the 5 star already filled, ready for their testimonial. You are not forcing them to give you 5 stars, it is merely making sure the default is 5 in case they forget to click on the star rating or to make it easy to see that they mis clicked.
How to Create a Pre-Filled 5 Star Google Review Form
IMPORTANT: Use an Incognito window. Otherwise this won’t work!
Follow these simple steps to generate a 5 star Google review box for your business.
- Go to the Google Places API and search for the place ID of your business.
- Add your place ID to the end of this link:
- Open the link in a browser and copy the generated link. (This is not the link… it will look similar to this one.)
- Finally add ,5 (comma 5) to the end of the generated link. (again, this is not the link, just as an example!)
Now that you have this link, anyone clicking on it will get a prefilled form with a 5 star review. All they have to do is input their review, and click done!
Bonus Review Link Tip
You can use link shortener’s like goo.gl to shorten long links into attractive short ones.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
There is another way that is a little easier, but does not have the option for the 5 star review.
Creating a universal direct link URL to the Google My Business review box pre-filled with 5 stars is a little bit of a process, but it is well worth the work.
- For this to work, create a Google My Business page for your business. You need to verify your address. (this takes 1-2 weeks)
- Once that listing is done, open a browser.
- Use incognito mode on Google Chrome. Open a new incognito tab. Incognito mode makes sure that you are not logged in, and none of that information gets into the link.
- Go to google.com (or the version of Google for you business’s location country. For example, google.co.uk in the United Kingdom)
- Search for your business name exactly as it appears on your Google My Business listing. You need the Knowledge Graph to show up for it. (The block of information on the side of your search that outlines your Business) If it doesn’t show up, add keywords like your city until you get it.
- Find the “Review and Rate” section. Tap or click on the 5th star on the far right. This will make the 5 star the default selection in the URL you create.
- Great! now you are viewing a review screen. This screen will ask you to log in. That is a sign you’ve done everything right! Ignore the screen and copy your address bar link fully at the top of your browser.
You now have a link that will work on mobile or desktops that will make reviews happen for you!
Send it to a friend to test it!
If you have any other issues, I’d be happy to either help you out, or if you want us to create a Google+ Business page, and this link for you, contact us for a quote!